Most people do not serve as the administrator of an estate or executor of a will more than once or twice in their lifetime. These are complex tasks, so it is no surprise that many struggle with the process. If you have questions, the team from Bratton Estate and Elder Care Attorneys is here to help.
Navigating the New Jersey Estate Administration Process
Taking on the complex tasks required to administer an estate can be overwhelming, especially while you are still grieving the loss of a family member or close friend. You will need to complete a series of tasks in a very specific order including calling in professionals for some of the more specialized tasks. The whole process can be time-consuming, and wreak havoc on your life.
Do not let the stress of administering an estate or executing a will get to you. An estate administration lawyer in Moorestown, NJ can help you understand the process and walk you through it every step of the way.
- Entering the will into probate by visiting the Burlington County Surrogate’s court
- Identifying and gaining access to your loved one’s financial accounts
- Paying your loved one’s final expenses out of their accounts
- Identifying all remaining assets after paying final expenses
- Working with appraisers to put a value on assets
- Calculating and paying any state or federal taxes
- Distributing the remaining assets according to the will
- Managing provisions of the estate plan such as funding trusts or making charity donations
If you do attempt to navigate the New Jersey estate administration process on your own, you will still most likely need help with several steps of the process. They rely on you to perform specialized tasks or understand complex legal concepts. This includes:
- Calculating state and federal estate and death taxes
- Appraising collections, real estate, and other assets
- Funding trusts and taking care of other estate planning provisions
- Making charity donations and completing related paperwork for tax purposes
- Various other accounting and legal tasks
When we take on an estate administration case, we sometimes also need to rely on outside help. However, the difference is that we have trusted partners ready to go to work for us to help us in a timely manner. An estate administration lawyer in Moorestown, NJ makes it easier to administer your loved one’s estate because we work closely with:
- Estate tax experts
- Other professionals
Let our team take on the management of your loved one’s estate. We can administer the estate on your behalf, reducing the risk of litigation. Sit down with one of our attorneys today to discuss your family’s needs and find out how we can help.
For a legal consultation with a estate administration lawyer serving Moorestown, call 856-857-6007
Getting Help with Moorestown, NJ Estate Administration Services
Our team is ready to go to work on your loved one’s Moorestown, NJ estate today. But before we take any action, we will sit down with you to get a better understanding of your needs and how we can help you best address them. Let us take on the whole project, or we can step in to offer advice if you need help on a specific part of the process.
We can help you:
- Better understand your responsibilities as an estate administrator
- Identify an appraiser for even the most unique collections or properties
- Calculate the value of assets and the estate
- Understand tax implications based on the actions you take
- File inheritance tax paperwork and report charitable gifts
- Fund trusts
- Reduce the risk of conflicts with potential heirs
- Mediating any conflicts if they arise
- Fight estate litigation, if this becomes necessary
Our team of attorneys offer compassionate support and caring guidance every step of the way. Let an estate administration lawyer in Moorestown, NJ take the weight of being an estate administrator off your shoulders.
With us on your side, you can relax and know you have someone in your corner to help you navigate this complicated process. We can also work with you to administer estates that have complex financial issues or high net values.
Moorestown Estate Administration Lawyer Near Me 856-857-6007
Bratton Estate and Elder Care Attorneys Build Relationships
At Bratton Estate and Elder Care Attorneys, our team believes in addressing our clients’ most pressing concerns instead of trying to put every family in a one-size-fits-all package. We strive to build a relationship with your family and help you heal from the loss of your loved one.
Before we go to work on your case, you will meet with one of our attorneys to learn more about your needs, preferences, and priorities. Only after having this conversation will we begin the work of administering your loved one’s estate. Not only does this allow us to address your needs more directly, but it helps reduce the chance of disputes or litigation.
Talk to an Estate Administration Lawyer in Moorestown, NJ
If you were named the administrator of an estate or executor of a will after the Moorestown, NJ death of your loved one, the team from Bratton Estate and Elder Care Attorneys is standing by to take your call. We can guide you through the process or work through it on your behalf. Let a member of our caring and knowledgeable team answer your questions and recommend ways we can help.
Call us today at (856) 857-6007 to learn more about the estate administration services we offer in Moorestown, NJ.