The team from Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys — life planning lawyers, social workers, and a registered nurse — can create a comprehensive plan on your behalf that addresses both your current and future needs. A life care planning lawyer in Camden, NJ can help you design a roadmap that tells your family members where to turn, allowing you to make key decisions about your future today.
We can also help you put a plan in place for an aging family member who needs, or may soon need, long-term care placement, home health assistance, or other care. Call us today 856-857-6007 to talk with someone about Camden, NJ life care planning.
Understanding How New Jersey Life Care Planning Can Help You
Life-care planning addresses several issues you may face both today and in the future, especially if you suffer from a chronic or terminal illness, suffered a catastrophic injury, or the effects of aging prevent you from making sound decisions later. We will walk you through several scenarios and create legal documents and contingency plans that capture your preferences.
Having a life care plan in place ensures your family and caregivers follow your wishes even if you cannot communicate them at the time they need to be made. A life care plan includes decisions about:
- Your medical care
- Financial accounts, investments, and payments
- End-of-life care
- Quality of life issues
You will leave the life care planning process with a concise plan for your current and future care, or the care of a loved one. In addition to creating your life care plan, you can trust our team to provide you and your family with related support in the future. This may include helping you arrange coordinated care services and other related tasks.
We Will Guide You Through the New Jersey Life Care Planning Process
The team from Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys includes not only our life care planning lawyers, but also a registered nurse and social workers. Working together on your case, our team completes a comprehensive assessment of your medical condition and then begins building a plan to organize, prioritize, and pay for your current and future needs. Your plan will address:
- Your current and future medical needs
- Your current and future financial situation
- Asset protection and estate planning
- Your legal needs including things like guardianship and powers of attorney
- Ensuring the necessary level of care and quality of life you deserve, today and in the future
- Your preferences for nursing home and assisted living facilities
- Long-term care planning
Whether you need a life care plan for your own future as your condition worsens or you have a loved one whose current condition calls for this type of planning, we can help. Let a life planning lawyer in Camden, NJ review your case and explain how we can address your current and future needs and the financial expenses related to these needs. Call us today 856-857-6007 .
Life Care Planning Offers a Wealth of Benefits for You and Your Family
Life care planning not only helps ensure you get the level of care you need for the rest of your life, but it also gives you and your entire family peace of mind. By making the decisions today about your future care and putting a plan in place to know what to do as your situation changes, it lifts the weight of these heavy decisions from the shoulders of your loved ones.
With a life care plan, your family will not have to worry about making decisions in the future related to:
- Managing your medical treatment or making other healthcare decisions
- Your finances, including how to pay for care or how to protect your assets from Medicaid or other public health programs
- Your legal needs including a power of attorney for health care or guardianship
- Quality of life issues
- Life-saving and life-sustaining treatments
- End-of-life care
- Nursing home care and long-term care placement
In addition to life care planning, our attorneys will discuss the cost of the necessary care you may require. This includes talking about asset protection and putting a plan in place that could allow you to preserve some of your nest egg while qualifying for Medicaid sooner.
Parties That Can Benefit from a Camden, NJ Life Care Plan
Most people who come to us for life care planning services have recently suffered a serious health scare, received a diagnosis, or had a catastrophic accident. Many are still overwhelmed by what they went through. Others are family members whose lives changed dramatically in the blink of an eye. The members of our team are here for you and can help.
Reach out to our team today to discuss life care planning if you or a loved one:
- Suffered a heart attack, stroke, or another significant medical issue
- Received a chronic or terminal diagnosis
- Are undergoing treatment for a terminal illness
- Are forgoing treatment for your serious illness
- Suffer significant impairments because of accident injuries
- Fell and broke a bone or struggle with fear of falling
- Have Alzheimer’s or another condition that affects memory and cognition
- Lost your vision
- Can no longer live alone
- Are experiencing worsening of a chronic condition
Discuss Your Options with a Life Planning Lawyer in Camden, NJ
If you face a terminal, chronic, or impairing condition and need help planning for the current and future needs of yourself or a loved one in Camden, NJ, Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys can help. Talk to a member of our New Jersey life care planning team today to learn more about how we can help with your medical, financial, and legal needs.
A life planning lawyer in Camden, NJ can give your entire family peace of mind knowing that there is a plan in place. If the plan is for you, you can enjoy your time with your family knowing they will not have to bear the weight of tough decisions about your future care. Call 856-857-6007 to get started.