Life Care Planning allows you to make decisions today about your present and future health care and finances. This gives you control of what happens to you, even if you cannot make these decisions later on. We can create a customized plan for you or put a plan in place for an aging loved one. We can help you ensure your family member maintains the best possible quality of life, and ensure you have peace of mind that you have done all you can for yourself or your loved one.
At Bratton Law Group, a life planning attorney in Philadelphia can walk you through the process of making decisions and creating contingencies for your future with compassionate support and guidance. To learn more about the Bratton Law Group Life Care Planning process, contact our team today at (856) 857-6007.
Common Reasons People Consider Life Care Planning
Life Care Planning can benefit anyone, at any stage of their life. However, most of our clients are reaching an age where significant health concerns become the norm, or they already face a diagnosis that will likely cause them to need extra care in the future.
You may want to call us to learn more about Life Care Planning if you:
- Recently had a stroke or heart attack
- Broke your hip or other bones in a fall
- Received a terminal diagnosis
- Suffer from mobility issues
- Are blind or suffer another sensory impairment
- Have a degenerative condition
- Struggle to bathe, cook, or handle other activities of daily living on your own
- Have signs of dementia or Alzheimer’s
- Simply want to be proactive about your future care
We can start where you are today, and build a Life Care Plan that addresses tomorrow, next year, and years down the road. We can help you with care needs today, as well as planning for the contingencies you may need in the future.
At Bratton Law Group, we do not have a one-size-fits-all life plan. Instead, we talk to each client, address their concerns, and put a legal strategy in place to ensure they have the care they need in the future. We will not do anything until we are sure you and your family fully understand it, and that it follows your priorities and preferences. This allows us to build a Life Care Plan that we personalize for you and your family.
Understanding the Benefits of a Philadelphia Life Care Plan
We find that many people do not know what a Life Care Plan is. When we create this type of comprehensive plan for our clients, we consider:
- Their current and future medical care, financial, and legal needs
- How to guarantee the appropriate level of care no matter how their health situation may change
- How to maintain the quality of life and dignity they deserve
- How their family can pay for nursing home or in-home care
- The best way to preserve assets for children or grandchildren, when possible
- How to provide the coordinating care services and client advocacy they need
With these key points in mind, we begin talking to the client and their family and create a Life Care Plan to address each one — based on the client’s preferences and specific needs. We often compare Life Care Plans to roadmaps, guiding your family through what you want as each decision comes up. We put this plan together by sitting down with you and your family and discussing some contingencies, addressing a wide range of situations that may come up.
Medicaid Planning and Asset Protection
As a key part of many of our Life Care Plans, we offer Medicaid planning and asset protection services. Many people eventually require nursing home or assisted living care, and most need Medicaid, veterans benefits, or other public health care benefits to pay for it.
We can try to put a plan in place that protects as many of your assets as possible while still allowing you to qualify for these public programs as soon as possible after you need them. If we start planning early enough, we might be able to protect your nest egg for your heirs while still ensuring you can get the best care available as soon as you need it.
Get the Compassionate, Understanding Guidance You Need from Bratton Law Group
At Bratton Law Group, our team consists of attorneys, social workers, a certified dementia practitioner, and a registered nurse. This interdisciplinary approach to elder law and Life Care Planning allows us to offer more compassionate support than many other elder law firms. We can address not only your legal needs, but also consider your emotional well-being and necessary medical care at the same time.
As a part of helping you create a comprehensive Life Care Plan, we can:
- Address any current or emerging needs
- Consider the possible progression of your condition
- Explain the level of care you may need based on this progression
- Help ensure you receive the proper level of care and best quality of life
- Create a plan to pay for any necessary future care
- Protecting assets and your family’s financial future, whenever possible
No matter your situation or health condition, we can help you and your family put a plan in place that honors your wishes. We will help you make decisions about future care and create contingencies to take the burden off your family members.
Talk with a Life Planning Attorney in Philadelphia Today
Bratton Law Group’s Philadelphia Life Care Planning team can help you get started on ensuring your current and future quality of life and safeguarding your family’s financial future today. We will help you take control of your own health care and financial decisions for the future and give you peace of mind about what will happen to you if you are not always able to communicate your wishes. Let us create your comprehensive Life Care Plan, and you can rely on us to be an advocate for your care and wellbeing for the rest of your life.
Call our office today at (856) 857-6007.