If you and your family are facing an Atlantic City, NJ elder law crisis, do not hesitate to reach out to us today. We can calm your fears and help you navigate the current problem before working with your family to build a proactive plan that will prevent a similar emergent situation in the future. At Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys, we know how stressful being a caregiver of a beloved member of your family as they age can be. We can provide the compassionate support and guidance you need to give them the best care and quality of life possible. Call an elder law lawyer in Atlantic City, NJ at (856) 292-8157 today to discuss your concerns with a member of our team serving Atlantic City.
Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys Can Address a Wide Variety of Elder Law Concerns
At Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys, we can help you understand your options to address your emergent elder law issue, weigh the pros and cons, and take action to ensure your loved one’s health and safety. Depending on the nature of the issues and the help needed, this could include:
- Naming a guardian and fiduciary for your loved one
- Creating powers of attorney for finances and health care
- Lifecare planning to address their care needs for today and the future
- End of life care and planning
We can also help you and your family make decisions about long-term care options and how to pay for the necessary level of care. Options may include:
- Assisted living placement
- Nursing home care
- In-home care
As a part of this process, we can also discuss Medicaid planning and asset protection. With Medicaid planning, your loved one may qualify for these public benefits that cover long-term care sooner while protecting more of their assets for the next generation. This may be possible even if your loved one needs around-the-clock care now.
Let Us Give Your Family Peace of Mind About Today and the Future
We never offer one-size-fits-all or template-based plans. We work closely with families to understand their unique needs and provide the options that address those needs. We know that being a family caregiver is a difficult and stressful job, and we strive to make it easier for you. We will intervene in your current crisis or help with proactive planning to prevent a future crisis.
Our team can answer all your elder law questions and address any specific concerns you have about your loved one’s situation. You can also count on us to be here for you and help you get to a point where you can enjoy spending time with your aging family member instead of worrying about their future.
An elder law lawyer in Atlantic City, NJ can:
- Put a proactive plan in place to reduce the risk of an emergent concern that puts your loved one’s health and wellbeing in jeopardy
- Help to secure your loved one’s safety as well as your family’s financial health
- Create a plan that addresses your family’s unique and specific needs
- Advocate for your aging loved one as needed, both in and out of court
If you have an Atlantic City, NJ elder law concern, do not hesitate to reach out to Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys today by calling (856) 292-8157. Let us help ease your stress and worry.
Families Often Enlist Our Help During the Worst Time of Their Lives
While some families come to us and we work together proactively, most call us after their loved one suffers a serious injury or it becomes apparent that they need additional support. Some of the common triggers for the emergent elder law concerns we help Atlantic City families address include:
- A loved one gets diagnosed with a progressive or terminal illness
- They suffer a serious medical issue such as a heart attack or stroke
- Their loved one has a sudden decrease in mobility and independence
- They suffer a broken hip or another serious fall injury
- An aging parent or other family member has advancing dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, or another cognitive concern
- Caregivers have increasing concerns about self-care, decision-making, and independent living
In addition to addressing your immediate elder law concerns, our team offers the option to create a proactive plan that will prevent another similar incident in the future. This type of life care planning addresses your loved one’s care needs today and in the future, and is specific to your needs. As a part of this process, we may work with you and your loved one to create:
- Advance directives and health care powers of attorney (a living will)
- Financial powers of attorney
- Living probate including guardianship and conservatorship in case they become necessary
- Medicaid planning and asset protection
Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys Offers a Full Menu of Estate and Elder Law Options in Atlantic City, NJ
In addition to addressing your loved one’s elder law needs, we can help you reduce the risk that your children and other family members will one day have the same concerns over your care. It is never too soon to put plans in place that address:
- What will happen to your estate when you pass away
- How you will protect your assets and still qualify for Medicaid to cover long-term care costs
- Your end-of-life care
- Your preferences for long-term care
- Caring for special needs dependents as you age
At Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys, we can help you with almost any Atlantic City, NJ estate or elder law need. Call us today at (856) 292-8157 to learn more. We also have certified dementia practitioners on staff to help answer any related questions or make informed decisions.
Talk to an Elder Law Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ
If you have an immediate elder law concern or want to be proactive about having a plan if something occurs, an elder law lawyer in Atlantic City, NJ from Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys can help. We can meet with you in Atlantic City or in one of our five offices:
- Haddonfield, NJ
- Linwood, NJ
- Moorestown, NJ
- Trenton, NJ
- Philadelphia, PA
Call us now at (856) 292-8157 to learn more.