If you are struggling with your estate administration duties or have questions or concerns about the process, the team from Bratton Estate and Elder Care Attorneys is here to help. We can address your concerns about administering a Medford Township, NJ, estate or managing the process for you.
Call our office today at 856-857-6007 to schedule a consultation with a member of our team. Your estate administration lawyer in Medford Township, NJ will work closely with the social workers and registered nurse on our team.
New Jersey Estate Administration Is Not Easy
If you feel overwhelmed by the tasks required to administer an estate or execute a will, you are not alone. This is not something most people deal with on a regular basis, especially when mourning the loss of a beloved friend or family member. Administering an estate requires you to complete a specific process, including a series of specialized tasks.
As a part of administering an estate, you can expect to:
- Visit the county Surrogate’s Court and enter the will into probate
- Manage your loved one’s final affairs
- Identify all remaining valuables and assets
- Calculate and pay any applicable taxes
- Distribute the assets as designated
While it is possible to handle the estate administration process on your own, there will likely be things you will need to learn or experts you will need to call in to help you with certain steps of the process. This may include:
- Learning how to navigate the New Jersey probate process
- Calculating state and federal estate and death taxes
- Keeping diligent accounting records
- Valuing collectibles, real estate, and other assets
- Funding trusts
- Making donations and completing related paperwork for tax purposes
- Handling other estate law tasks
For some people, the most frustrating part of administering an estate is trying to identify the right professionals, making an appointment, and waiting until they get around to appraising your loved one’s valuables or providing other services. We can help you navigate this process. Let our team handle these tasks for you. This includes working with:
- Other professionals
We can manage the estate administration process on your behalf, letting you focus on mourning the loss of your loved one and spending time with your family. An estate administration lawyer in Medford Township from our firm will take the time to discuss your situation and learn more about your family’s needs. We will charge you only for the services you need, and never for the ones you do not.
Our Medford Township, NJ, Estate Administration Services
When you enlist our help with a Medford Township, NJ, estate, we will determine your needs and build a plan to ensure everything gets taken care of. We can handle the whole process or help you with a specific step that has you stumped. We offer support and guidance throughout the process.
Some of the services we offer related to the Medford Township, NJ, estate administration and probate process include:
- Explaining your responsibilities as an estate administrator
- Identifying a knowledgeable appraiser for collections or properties
- Calculating the value of assets and the estate
- Explaining tax implications
- Offering legal advice related to the administration of the estate
- Filing any inheritance tax paperwork
- Funding trusts
- Managing charitable giving and reporting the gifts
- Mediating conflicts with potential heirs
- Representing you in estate litigation, if necessary
Our team is here to help. We can offer the legal guidance and compassionate emotional support you need. Let us get to know you and your family and help you navigate this process. We can handle complex estates and high net value estates.
Bratton Estate and Elder Care Attorneys Is Here to Help
At Bratton Estate and Elder Care Attorneys, we will handle the administration of your loved one’s estate.
We can ensure you have the right professionals working on your case and that you follow all applicable probate laws. If disagreements arise, our attorneys have special training in conflict resolution and mediation to pursue an agreement. If it becomes necessary, we can also defend you and protect your reputation during estate litigation.
Talk to an Estate Administration Lawyer in Medford Township, NJ
If you are the administrator of an estate or executor of a will in Medford Township, NJ, the team from Bratton Estate and Elder Care Attorneys is here to help you get through the process. We can evaluate your situation and determine what kind of help you need or manage the entire process for you. Our caring and knowledgeable team can answer your questions and address your concerns.
Call us today at 856-857-6007 to get started.