No matter your age, wealth, or family size, having an estate plan in place is important. A last will and testament and other estate planning documents make the estate administration process easier and faster for your friends and family if something happens to you unexpectedly. These documents safeguard your assets and can even ensure the health and safety of minor children.
If you live in Monroe Township, NJ, or elsewhere in Middlesex County, the team from Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys can help you build an estate plan based on your needs and preferences. Call us today at (609) 493-4987 to learn more about our estate planning services.
Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys Makes the Monroe Township, NJ Estate Planning Process Easy
At Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys, an estate planning lawyer in Monroe Township, NJ can make creating an estate plan for you and your family simple. We will guide you through the process of making decisions and planning what you want to happen to your assets and heirs in the event something happens to you. We will offer advice and guidance every step of the way and help you weigh options when necessary.
We will walk you through:
- Understanding the probate and administration process and what will be required of your estate administrator or executor after you pass away
- Choosing an estate administrator or executor of your will who can carry out this process
- Determining what will happen to your assets after your death
- Naming guardians and fiduciaries for any minor children
- Ensuring continued care for any dependent adults
- Making choices to secure financial stability for dependents if you pass away unexpectedly
- Documenting any planned giving or charity donations
The Middlesex County Surrogate’s Office warns residents of the dangers of dying without a will because it makes estate administration much more difficult for their surviving loved ones. Not only does having a valid, self-proving will make it easier for your family to administer your wishes, but we can also help you take additional steps that will reduce the number of assets that need to go through probate and speed the process even more.
You can reach a member of the Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys team today by calling (609) 493-4987. We can answer your questions and work with you to create an effective estate plan today.
Our Attorneys Can Create the Legal Documents You Need for a Comprehensive Monroe Township Estate Plan
Every individual and family we work with are different. They all have their own circumstances, financial situation, and preferences for what they want to happen when they pass away. We serve people from all walks of life and across all age groups, as well as those with complex financial situations and significant assets. Some people require only a last will and testament, while others need many legal documents and plans to meet their needs.
Your estate planning lawyer in Monroe Township, NJ will know how to create an individualized plan to suit your preferences and needs. We never use a template or assume one size fits all. Instead, we create an estate plan from the ground up for each client. This may include legal documents such as:
- A last will and testament
- Guardianship documents for the care of your minor children
- Power of attorney for finances
- Revocable living trusts and irrevocable trusts
- Healthcare powers of attorney, sometimes known as advanced directives
- Planned giving agreements
- Many other types of contracts and agreements
Understanding the Benefits of Estate Planning
Many people do not believe they need an estate plan. They do not think they have enough assets, especially those who are young and do not have children. Retirees and seniors who have little income may also think there is no reason to invest in a last will and testament. However, the benefits of estate planning extend to everyone, no matter their age or financial situation.
Not only does estate planning offer you control of what happens to your assets after you pass away, but it also reduces the stress the probate and administration process can place on your loved ones after your death. When we work on your comprehensive estate plan, we may be able to:
- Help your family avoid the probate process entirely
- Make it easier to enter your will into probate and administer your estate
- Agree to handle the administration of your estate after your death
- Give some of your heirs access to assets immediately following your death
- Ensure the continued financial support to dependents or disabled adult children in the days, weeks, and months following your death
To learn more about how our services can give you and your loved ones peace of mind about their financial situation if you pass away, call an estate planning lawyer in Monroe Township, NJ from Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys today at (609) 493-4987.
We Can Safeguard Your Minor Children’s Future if the Unthinkable Happens
For parents, the biggest benefit of estate planning lies in ensuring their children’s future care in the event something happens to both parents before they reach age 18. This is difficult to think about but very necessary both for legal reasons and for your own peace of mind. Our compassionate team can work with you to choose a guardian and fiduciary for your minor children, as well as to outline a plan for their care that addresses:
- Medical care, education, religion, and other preferences
- Who will take immediate custody of the children
- Who will be their guardian until they reach age 18
- How their guardian will pay for their care
- How and when the guardian can gain access to any money left for their care
- When the children receive any inheritance left for them
Talk to an Estate Planning Attorney in Monroe Township, NJ
You can reach an attorney from Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys today by calling (609) 493-4987. We can help you understand how our estate planning services can benefit you and your family.