Acting as an administrator of an estate or an executor of a will can be an overwhelming and stressful process. You need to take a series of steps in a certain order, all the while keeping a careful accounting of your actions and enlisting the help of trusted experts. MeanwhileAll the while, you are likely still grieving the loss of your loved one and also trying to work and return to some sense of normalcy in your everyday life.
An estate administration lawyer in Upper Darby, PA at Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys can handle the estate administration process for you. With our team on your side, you do not have to worry about it. We can step in at any point in the process. Call us today at (856) 857-6007 to learn more about your services.
PA Estate Administration Can Be a Complex and Time-Consuming Process
Estate administration is a process that requires you to go step-by-step through your loved one’s accounts and assets, paying their final expenses and following their wishes as described in their will. This includes:
- Entering the will into probate
- Identifying all financial accounts and assets
- Identifying all outstanding debts
- Gaining access to their accounts and paying their final expenses
- Appraising any remaining assets, if necessary
- Calculating and paying any state or federal taxes
- Distributing any remaining assets
- Funding trusts, making charitable donations, and any other provisions included in the estate plan
As you can probably imagine, navigating this process can be time-consuming. Many people call us when the tasks involved become too overwhelming or require skills and knowledge they do not possess. Many people feel this way during the administration of an estate because this is not something most people have to do more than once or twice in their life. We do this regularly and can handle the entire process on your behalf.
For a legal consultation with a estate administration lawyer in Upper Darby, call 856-857-6007
We Take a Team Approach to Your Loved One’s Upper Darby, PA Estate
We take a team approach to every estate we handle. In addition to an estate administration attorney, one of our estate administration paralegals social workers and our registered nurse will work on your case. By taking this unique team approach, we can ensure we address your needs and handle everything according to your preferences. Our process includes:
- You will meet with one of our social workers to discuss your loved one’s estate
- Based on those conversations, our attorneys will take legal action on your behalf
- Our registered nurse can participate in your case if necessary
With this approach, our clients build a relationship with a compassionate and understanding social worker who can walk with them through this tough and stressful time. Because we work as a team, Yyou can count on us to:
- Explain your obligations as an estate administrator
- Assess the estate and calculate its value, including identifying an appraiser to value unique assets
- Weigh tax implications of our actions before we take them
- Manage planned giving as requested in the estate plan
- File inheritance taxes and report charitable gifts
- Fund trusts as outlined in the estate
- Mediate any conflicts that may arise
- Represent you in estate litigation, if this becomes necessary
If you worry about how you will manage to administer a loved one’s Upper Darby, PA estate, or if you feel overwhelmed at the tasks in front of you, contact our team today at (856) 857-6007. We can explain our services and help you understand if they are right for you and your family.
Upper Darby Estate Administration Lawyer 856-857-6007
Some Estate Administration Tasks May Require Additional Guidance
Even if you can handle many estate administration tasks on your own, you may encounter a situation where you cannot go any further without outside help. If you enlist our help, we can manage these tasks on your behalf. This could include:
- Calculating state and federal taxes
- Appraising real estate and other assets
- Creating and funding trusts
- Making charity donations
- Completing any required paperwork for tax purposes
- Other accounting and legal tasks
In some cases, we may also have to call in assistance. We often have to call in appraisers, for example, to determine the value of a home or unusual collection. When this happens, we have a network of trusted professionals we can contact. This means you do not have to identify someone and wait for an appointment. We can reach out to:
- An accountant
- Tax experts
- Other professionals
We Can Reduce the Risk of Estate Disputes and Litigation
When Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys handles the administration of your loved one’s estate, it may reduce the risk of estate disputes and litigation. Many people think disputes would never arise during the administration of their family member’s estate, but they are more common than you may realize. Everyone’s emotions run high, and you must determine what happens to financial assets, beloved collections, and treasured belongings.
When our estate administration lawyers in Upper Darby, PA step in and help a family navigate the estate administration process, we can also head off any disagreements before they become full-blown disputes. Our attorneys use proven mediation techniques to help both sides reach a consensus when possible. If we cannot settle a dispute, we can represent you in estate litigation. We will fight for your best interests, following the desires of your departed loved one.
Complete the Contact us form now
Talk to an Estate Administration Lawyer in Upper Darby, PA
If you are feeling stressed or apprehensive about serving as an administrator of your loved one’s estate, the team from Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys can help. An estate administration lawyer in Upper Darby, PA can handle this process for you or step in to help you manage the most difficult steps.
Call (856) 857-6007 today to learn more about our estate administration services and talk to a member of our team about your case.
Call 856-857-6007 or complete the Contact us form