If you or a loved one faces a chronic, progressive, or terminal illness, has limited mobility, or has reached an advanced age, life care planning may be a good option for managing your current and future care needs. This type of plan addresses your current and future medical and support care needs, allowing you to plan today for a time when you may not be able to make decisions on your own.
Understanding the Purpose of Life Care Planning in Washington Township, NJ
A life care plan addresses your current and future care needs, including safeguarding your physical, emotional, and financial health. The process itself includes walking through many scenarios and making decisions in advance so that you can maintain control of your own care even if you lose the ability to make sound decisions later on, or the ability to communicate them clearly.
Life planning primarily focuses on:
- Your medical care, ongoing care needs, and support for daily activities
- Protecting your financial accounts, investments, and assets
- End-of-life care
- Maintaining a high quality of life as you age
In addition to creating your comprehensive life plan, we can also help with a host of other services. This includes:
- Addressing any elder law needs
- Coordinated care services
- Medicaid planning and asset protection
- Paying for long-term care
For a legal consultation with a lifecare planning lawyer in Washington Township, call 856-857-6007
Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys Team Can Help You Gain Peace of Mind
At Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys, we take a team approach to life care planning. Not only do we have life care planning attorneys who will work on your plan, but we also have social workers and a registered nurse who will work with us as we create your plan. Their roles include:
- Our social workers will learn about your family, getting to know your needs as well as your preferences and priorities
- Our registered nurse will work to help us understand your current care needs and explain your possible future care needs
To create your life care plan, a life planning lawyer in Washington Township, NJ to create a comprehensive plan that serves as a road map to address any concerns regarding:
- Your current and future medical needs
- Your current and future financial standing, decisions, and needs
- Medicaid planning and paying for future care
- Powers of attorney and advanced directives
- Guardianship, if that ever becomes necessary
- Ensuring you always receive the proper level of care
- Maintaining a high quality of life
- In-home, nursing home and assisted living care, or other types of long-term care
Once you create your plan, we will also help your family understand your wishes during any tough decisions and serve as an advocate for you and your family if necessary.
Reach out to the Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys life planning team today by calling (856) 857-6007.
Washington Township Lifecare Planning Lawyer 856-857-6007
How the Life Care Planning Process Works in Washington Township, NJ
A life care plan considers your current care needs as well as your possible future care needs and puts the paperwork in place to ensure the decisions you make today will be honored when the time comes. Not only do you get to control your own medical, emotional, and financial future by making these decisions today, you free your family from having to make these tough decisions on your behalf.
Some of the things that we will discuss and the contingencies we will explore with you and your family during the life care planning process include:
- Guiding you through making choices about current and future medical treatment and care
- How to protect your assets and manage your finances in the future
- How to pay for in-home, nursing home, or assisted living care
- Medicaid eligibility and the role this program will play in your long-term care
- Establishing a power of attorney for health care (an advanced directive)
- Guardianship or conservatorship needs, in case they become necessary
- Managing quality of life for the rest of your life
- Documenting your wishes about life-saving and life-sustaining treatments
- End-of-life care preferences
- Nursing home care, assisted living, and long-term care placement
If You Face a Health Crisis, It May Be a Good Time for Life Planning
While we believe that any time is a good time to consider a life care plan if you face a chronic health condition or are growing older, most of our clients call us after facing a medical emergency, health crisis, or another incident that made them consider what could happen in the future. If you or a loved one recently had any of the following, consider if working with a life planning lawyer in Washington Township, NJ might be right for you:
- A heart attack, stroke, aneurysm or another medical emergency
- Diagnosis of a terminal illness
- Serious fall injuries including a broken hip or other broken bones
- Any medical concern that limits your mobility
- Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s, dementia, or a similar condition
- Significant vision loss
- Another illness or injury that makes it difficult or impossible to live independently
The life planning team from Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys can help you get a peace of mind about your future. Call us today at (856) 857-6007 to see if a life care plan is right for you.
Complete the Contact us form now
Talk to a Life Planning Lawyer in Washington Township, NJ
Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys offer life care planning services from our four New Jersey offices, Haddonfield, Trenton, Moorestown, and Linwood, in addition to our Philadelphia office. A member of our team can also meet with you in your home or in another location that works best for you in or around Washington Township.
Let the team from Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys go to work on a life care plan for you or a beloved family member today. Call (856) 857-6007 to learn more or to get started.