Winslow Township Lifecare Planning Lawyer
If you or a family member is aging, it is important to have a plan in place for future care. Waiting too long to plan can have financial and emotional consequences. We all want the best for our loved ones, and life planning is an essential part of providing that care.
As USA Today’s reporting supports, the price of care for your aging loved one can be shocking, especially when limited resources are available and diminishing quickly. Getting a head start on life care planning can help you understand your options and guard your assets.
Finding appropriate care for our elderly family members is not as straightforward as it may seem. The process can become quite complex because no two situations are the same.
Contact the Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys today at 856 770 2744 to get in touch with our elder care coordinator. Step-by-step guidance through the process is available, so you can be sure that your loved one will receive the proper future care.
When to Plan for Life Care
It can be very complicated, taking care of all the responsibilities of normal life and caring for an elderly loved one as well. It is time to start planning if your loved one:
- Has experienced a debilitating injury
- Is diagnosed with a chronic, degenerative, or terminal illness
- Has a serious impairment
- Is requiring your care around the clock
- Has become incapacitated from illness or injury
It can be hard to know exactly when to start planning. In most cases, the answer is sooner rather than later. It is important to get started before the elderly family member no longer has the ability to make day-to-day decisions.
For a legal consultation with a lifecare planning lawyer in Winslow Township, call 856 770 2744
Essential Components of a Life Care Plan
In life care planning, it is important to understand both current needs and future care needs. A life planning lawyer in Winslow Township, NJ at Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys can help you understand all the essential components of a proper care plan, which includes:
- Support and family education
- Estate planning
- Powers of attorney
- Coordinating action for care
- Public benefit options, including Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits
- Medicaid planning
- Preservation of assets
- Eldercare advocacy
- Crisis intervention when necessary
Estate planning alone requires many actions to prepare for the future. This includes:
- Drafting a will: a will appoints an administrator that will oversee the distribution of your assets.
- Creating a trust: a trust should be created to fit your needs, preferences, and priorities.
- Power of attorney: this ensures that a trusted family member or friend can make decisions–medical or financial–on your behalf if you become unable to do so.
- Your children’s future: a guardian is named and ensuring that the guardian has access to finances needed to support your children.
- Beneficiaries: a beneficiary is assigned to your assets, investment accounts, and insurance policies and allows them to take over the responsibility of the account without a lengthy probate process.
- Funeral and burial costs: your funeral wishes are an important part of a proper estate plan.
A life planning lawyer in Winslow Township, NJ from Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys can help you design a plan that is specific to you or your family member. Forward-thinking can help you avoid the frustration of costly life care, especially as needs change.
Winslow Township Lifecare Planning Lawyer856 770 2744
How a Life Planning Lawyer Can Help in Winslow Township, NJ
A life planning team should help you come up with a comprehensive plan that includes:
The plan includes current and future care needs. In some cases, care needs can change almost instantly. For instance, if an accidental injury is suffered, a plan should ensure that the proper care will always be provided.
Public Health Care
Medicaid and VA benefits are examples of public health care options that could be available if you qualify. As the New Jersey Department of Human Services and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services details, these programs could offer assistance with costly medical care needs that you or your elderly family member may need.
Quality of Life
Whether the decision is made to remain at home or become a resident of a care facility, a good life plan will maintain the best quality of life possible. If you do choose a nursing home or assisted living facility, medical, emotional, and social needs should be taken into consideration.
Legal issues can arise when funding current and future care needs. A complete life plan includes the protection of assets by employing necessary legal strategies.
Whether you are planning for yourself or a family member, the team at Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys can help. We staff attorneys, social workers – for life care planning services only – and a registered nurse who are available to assist you step-by-step in life planning in Winslow Township, NJ.
Call 856 770 2744 to speak to a dedicated team member about your life care plan.
Call Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys Today
The Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys are dedicated to providing you peace of mind about the future. A life planning lawyer in Winslow Township, NJ can also:
- Work closely with your family members to understand their needs and concerns
- Put a plan in action that addresses your current and future needs
- Work to protect your assets while bills are paid for the care you need and desire
- Assign an elder care coordinator to your case to help guide you through the process of identifying current and future care needs
- Create a life plan that addresses your medical, emotional, and social needs to ensure safety and comfort is paramount
- Take action if your family members legal rights are being violated
At Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys, our team will put your family’s best interest first. The process of life planning in Winslow Township, NJ, can quickly become overwhelming and cause unnecessary frustration. We can provide the education, guidance, and support you need.
Call our office today at 856 770 2744 or fill out the convenient online form to get started.