June is Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month-a time to shine a purple light for the millions of people living with Alzheimer’s. Worldwide, there are at least 44 million people living with Alzheimer’s and other dementias. Everyone who has a brain is at risk to develop Alzheimer’s—but everyone can help to fight it. During the month of June, the Alzheimer’s Association is asking people around the world to wear purple — the color of the Alzheimer’s movement — and use their brains to fight Alzheimer’s disease.
Join Bratton Law Group (pictured below) and read examples on the Alzheimer’s Association website on how YOU can “go purple” on Facebook, events, or just sharing the facts to raise awareness.
Alzheimer’s disease is a global epidemic and each time we share the facts we raise awareness and inspire action.
- More than 5 million Americans are living with the disease.
- Every 67 seconds someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
- There are approximately 500,000 people dying each year because they have Alzheimer’s.
- 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or another dementia.
- In 2013, 15.5 million caregivers provided an estimated 17.7 billion hours of unpaid care valued at more than $220 billion.
For a legal consultation, call 856 770 2744
The annual designation does indeed raise awareness, both to the challenges and the solutions available to families. If you would like to learn more about your legal and long term planning solutions for you and your loved one, the elder law attorneys at Bratton Law Group welcome you to contact our law office. Bratton Law Group is committed to helping families likes yours plan for a secure future. 856 770 2744.