For those individuals receiving SSI or Medicaid, the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has released its SSI and Spousal Impoverishment Standards for 2019. The official spousal impoverishment allowances for 2019 are as follows:
- Minimum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance (MMMNA): $2,057.50
- Maximum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance: $3,160.50
- Minimum Community Spouse Resource Allowance: $25,284.00
- Maximum Community Spouse Resource Allowance: $126,420.00
- Medicaid Waiver Benefits Income Cap: $2,313.00 per month
The new monthly federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment standards for 2019 is $771 for an individual and $1,157 for a couple. For the complete chart of the 2019 SSI and Spousal Impoverishment Standards, click here.
CMS has also released the new Medicare premiums, deductibles, and co-payments for 2019.
- Standard Part B premium: $135.50/month (was $134.00 in 2018)
- Part B deductible: $185 ($183.00 in 2018)
- Part A deductible: $1,364 (was $1,340 in 2018)
- Co-payment for hospital stay days 61-90: $341/day (was $335 in 2018)
- Co-payment for hospital stay days 91-150: $682/day (was $670 in 2018)
- Skilled nursing facility co-payment, days 21-100: $170.50/day (was $167.50 in 2018)
Call 856-857-6007 or complete the Contact us form