For those individuals receiving SSI or Medicaid, the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has released its SSI and Spousal Impoverishment Standards for 2020. The official spousal impoverishment allowances for 2020 are as follows:
- Minimum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance (MMMNA): $2,113.75 thru July 1,2020
- Maximum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance: $3,216
- Minimum Community Spouse Resource Allowance: $25,728.00
- Maximum Community Spouse Resource Allowance: $128,640.00
- Medicaid Waiver Benefits Income Cap: $2,349.00 per month
The new monthly federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment standards for 2020 is $783 for an individual and $1,175 for a couple. For the complete chart of the 2020 SSI and Spousal Impoverishment Standards, click here.
CMS has also released the new Medicare premiums, deductibles, and co-payments for 2020.
- Standard Part B premium: $144.60/month (was $135.50 in 2019)
- Part B deductible: $198 ($185.00 in 2019)
- Part A deductible: $1,408 (was $1,364 in 2019)
- Co-payment for hospital stay days 61-90: $352/day (was $341 in 2019)
- Co-payment for hospital stay days 91-150: $704/day (was $682 in 2019)
- Skilled nursing facility co-payment, days 21-100: $176/day (was $170.50 in 2019)