For those individuals receiving SSI or Medicaid, the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has released its SSI and Spousal Impoverishment Standards for 2021. The official spousal impoverishment allowances for 2021 are as follows:
- Minimum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance (MMMNA): $2,115.00
- Maximum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance: $3,259.50
- Minimum Community Spouse Resource Allowance: $26,076.00
- Maximum Community Spouse Resource Allowance: $130,380.00
- Medicaid Waiver Benefits Income Cap: $2,382.00 per month
The new monthly federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment standards for 2021 is $794 for an individual and $1,191 for a couple.
CMS has also released the new Medicare premiums, deductibles, and co-payments for 2021.
- Standard Part B premium: $148.50/month (was $144.60 in 2020)
- Part B deductible:$203 ($198.00 in 2020)
- Part A deductible:$1,484 (was $1,408 in 2020)
- Co-payment for hospital stay days 61-90:$371/day (was $352 in 2020)
- Co-payment for hospital stay days 91-150: $742/day (was $704 in 2020)
- Skilled nursing facility co-payment, days 21-100: $185.50/day (was $176 in 2020)