For those individuals receiving SSI or Medicaid, the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has released its SSI and Spousal Impoverishment Standards for 2022. The official spousal impoverishment allowances for 2022 are as follows:
- Minimum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance (MMMNA): $2,177.50
- Maximum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance: $3,435.00
- Minimum Community Spouse Resource Allowance: $27,480.00
- Maximum Community Spouse Resource Allowance: $137,400.00
- Medicaid Waiver Benefits Income Cap: $2,523.00 per month
The new monthly federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment standards for 2022 is $841 for an individual and $1,261 for a couple.
CMS has also released the new Medicare premiums, deductibles, and co-payments for 2022.
- Standard Part B premium: $170.10 /month (was $148.50 in 2021)
- Part B deductible: $233 ($203.00 in 2021)
- Part A deductible: $1,556 (was $1,484 in 2021)
- Co-payment for hospital stay days 61-90: $389/day (was $371 in 2021)
- Co-payment for hospital stay days 91-150: $778/day (was $742 in 2021)
- Skilled nursing facility co-payment, days 21-100: $194.50/day (was $185.50 in 2021)