Lifecare planning offers a way for those with progressive or terminal illnesses to remain in control of their own medical care and care choices even after they can no longer make decisions about these things. A life care plan addresses current and future care needs, creating a road map to follow that outlines the person’s preferences even if their advancing medical condition prevents them from making decisions.
To learn more about this process and if a life care plan is right for you or a member of your family, reach out to a life planning lawyer in Monroe Township, NJ from Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys today at (856) 857-6007. We offer life planning services in Monroe Township, across New Jersey, and from our Philadelphia office.
How Life Care Planning Works
Lifecare planning is a process that systematically addresses current and future care needs. At Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys, we will walk you through the process and make it easy for you to create a plan that will advocate for your care, emotional support, quality of life, and financial health even after you are no longer able to do so.
Lifecare planning addresses a wide range of topics that include:
- Current and future care needs, including in-home care, facility placement, and more
- End-of-life care
- Guardianship and other common elder law concerns
- Organizing options for coordinated care services
- Medicaid planning and other options for paying for long-term care
- Asset protection, estate planning, and other financial concerns
To learn more or get started today, call Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys at (856) 857-6007. A life planning lawyer in Monroe Township, NJ can help you understand how life care planning works and how it could provide peace of mind for your family.
We Will Walk You Through the Life Care Planning Process in Monroe Township, NJ
Lifecare planning in Monroe Township is as easy as having a conversation about many topics that relate to your condition, care, and future. A member of our life planning team will talk to you about these topics, record your preferences, and guide you through any difficult decisions. These topics include:
- Your current and future medical needs
- Your preferences for your financial accounts and who should have access and oversight
- How to pay for long-term care and progressing care needs
- Medicaid planning and asset preservation
- Powers of attorney for finances and advance directives for healthcare needs
- Guardianship or conservatorship, if the need arises
- Maintaining a high quality of life
- Your preferences for long-term care, such as in-home care or assisted living care or nursing home placement
- Making decisions about when you want life-saving and life-sustaining treatments
- End-of-life care and your preferences
Once we create your plan, we continue to provide support to you and your family. You can call on our team for legal representation and advocacy if any part of the plan is challenged, or if you require coordinating services or have other concerns.
Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys Employs a Life Planning Team for Monroe Township, NJ, Lifecare Planning
The Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys life planning lawyers work closely with other team members to build a unique plan based on your needs and preferences. While our attorneys create all the legal documents necessary to make your plan work and hold up if challenged in court, the rest of our team helps us understand your current and future needs. Our team includes:
Our social workers provide support and compassion for your family throughout the life care planning process. They help us understand your preferences and priorities as they relate to your current and future care. They may also address coordinated care needs and advocate on your behalf.
Our registered nurses may play a key role in ensuring your life care plan addresses your current and future medical needs based on your diagnosis and many other factors.
Certified Dementia Practitioner
If you or your loved one has dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, or a similar condition, we will consult our Certified Dementia Practitioner to help in the preparation of the life care plan. They can help us understand and account for the increasing care requirements, as well as address concerns unique to these neurodegenerative conditions.
Call our office today at (856) 857-6007 to learn more about our life care planning team and if these services may be right for you or a member of your family.
When to Begin Monroe Township Lifecare Planning
At Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys, we understand that the need for life care planning often comes during one of the most difficult, stressful times in your life. You can trust us to always provide compassionate, supportive services and guidance. Most people recognize the need for life care planning after suffering a sudden and serious decline in health or getting a new diagnosis.
Some of the most common reasons our clients say they enlisted our help for life care planning include:
- A serious, sudden medical emergency such as a heart attack or stroke
- A new diagnosis or advancement of a chronic, progressive, or terminal condition
- Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s, dementia, or another neurodegenerative condition
- A serious fall or fear of falling
- Significant injuries such as a traumatic brain injury, a broken hip, or a spinal cord injury
- A decrease in or loss of vision
- A decrease in mobility that makes it difficult to live independently
- An inability to provide self-care because of a medical or mental health condition
If you or a beloved member of your family recently experienced any of these, or another progressive or terminal medical concern, do not hesitate to reach out to Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys today. Call (856) 857-6007 to learn more about our services and the life care planning process.
Talk to a Life Planning Lawyer in Monroe Township, NJ
If you or a loved one needs help with current or future health care, financial, and care decisions, life care planning may be a good option for you. The team from Bratton Estate & Elder Care Attorneys is here to help. We can walk you through the process and design a unique plan specifically for your needs.
We can meet with you in Monroe Township, NJ, one of our New Jersey offices, including Haddonfield, Trenton, Moorestown, and Linwood. We also have an office in Philadelphia.
Call (856) 857-6007 now to learn more.