For those individuals receiving SSI or Medicaid, the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has released its SSI and Spousal Impoverishment Standards for 2023. The official spousal impoverishment allowances for 2023 are as follows:
- Minimum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance (MMMNA): $2,288.75
- Maximum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance: $3,715.50
- Minimum Community Spouse Resource Allowance: $29,724.00
- Maximum Community Spouse Resource Allowance: $148,620.00
- Medicaid Waiver Benefits Income Cap: $2,742.00 per month
The new monthly federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment standards for 2023 is $914 for an individual and $1,371 for a couple.
CMS has also released the new Medicare premiums, deductibles, and co-payments for 2023.
- Standard Part B premium: $164.90 /month(was $10 in 2022)
- Part B deductible:$226 ($233.00 in 2022)
- Part A deductible:$1,600 (was $1,556.00 in 2022)
- Co-payment for hospital stay days 61-90:$400/day (was $389 in 2022)
- Co-payment for hospital stay days 91-150: $800/day (was $778 in 2022)
- Skilled nursing facility co-payment, days 21-100: $200/day (was $194.50 in 2022)
Call 856-857-6007 or complete the Contact us form